- The Terms and Conditions define the conditions of recruitment and participation in the project "International Lutosławski Youth Orchestra in Szczecin – eleventh edition", which aims to create an international youth orchestra (hereinafter referred to as "Orchestra") participating in a number of workshops, lectures with recognized European musicians and speakers. The final of the project will be a joint concert of the Orchestra at the headquarters of the Project Organiser.
- The description of the Project, along with the schedule and program, is available at ilyo.filharmonia.szczecin.pl
- The organiser of the project is the Mieczysław Karłowicz Philharmonic, based in Szczecin at 48 Małopolska Street (hereinafter referred to as the "Organiser").
- Musicians from any country (hereinafter referred to as "Musicians") may participate in the Project.
- After a positive decision on the recruitment results, the musicians become Project Participants.
- Project Participants are also members of the Orchestra.
- These Terms and Conditions cover all the activities during the Project planned for 2023.
I. General rules
- Only Musicians between 18 – 30 years of age (born between January 1, 2005 and September 1, 1993) who use English in a communicative way can join the Project.
- The Musicians are obliged to read and comply with the Terms and Conditions and all possible changes introduced by the Organiser, provided on the Orchestra's website.
- The Musicians are obliged to comply with the dates stated by the Organiser.
- The Organiser provides accommodation between August 19, 2023 and August 26, 2023, and meals between August 20, 2023 and August 25, 2023, for Project Participants (lunches).
- The Organiser provides health and life insurance for the Project Participants.
- The Organiser is not responsible for the health of the participants.
- The Organizer does not cover traveling costs to the Project headquarters incurred by the Participants and the costs of insurance of the instruments.
II. The Recruitment for the Project
- In order to participate in the Project, the Musician must register on the website ilyo.filharmonia.szczecin.pl from 01.03.2023 to 30.04.2023. except for the brass instruments. The registration for brass instruments will be open from 10.03.2023 till 10.05.2023.
- The registration allows Musicians to log in and fill the Recruitment Form, in which they must place the links to their own video recordings of the pieces in accordance with the paragraph II.4 of the Terms and Conditions of the Project as well as their CV in PDF or docx format.
- Filling out the Recruitment Form after logging in is possible from the date of the recruitment (i.e. March 1st) until April 30, 2023 for all instruments except the brass instruments. Filling the Recruitment Form for brass instruments is possible from 10.03.2023 till 10.05.2023.
- Musicians must include at least two (2) videos in their Recruitment Form:
- recording of self-performed excerpts of the mandatory pieces indicated by the Organizer..
- recording of self-performed excerpts of the orchestral parts indicated by the Organiser
- the recordings should be send in the form of 2 (two) or more videos
- Specific excerpts for individual instruments will be made available on the Project website by 1.03.2023 for all instruments except the brass instruments. For brass instruments specific excerpts will be made available on the Project website by 10.03.2023.
- The recording should include a presentation from one shot without editing. Face and the silhouette must be visible on the recording and the pieces may be performed with the use of scores. The video recording must be sent as a YouTube link (non-public video) in accordance with the rules of using the YouTube website.
- The video recordings sent by the Musician are visible only to the Organiser, Lecturers, and the Orchestra conductor.
- The Recruitment Forms along with the selected links to the recordings will be assessed by the Lecturers (hereinafter referred to as the "Jury").
- The list of the persons qualified for the Orchestra will be announced by the Jury by May 15, 2023.
- Project’s participants will be notified about the results with an email.
- The Jury's decision to select participants of the Orchestra is final and indisputable. There is no appeal against the above decision.
- The participants are required to confirm their participation in the Project within 7 days of receiving the information of the recruitment results. The conformation of the participation must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Musicians not selected for the Orchestra will be put on the reserve list. The Jury decides the order of the places on the reserve list.
- To take part in the Project the Musician’s obligation is to sign the Declaration which is the Annex to the Terms and Conditions (the Declaration is included in the recruitment form)
- In the case of no confirmation of the participation in the Project (in accordance with point II.11) or the resignation by the Participant, the Musicians on the reserve list will be qualified for the Orchestra.
III. Final Provisions
- The Terms and Conditions come into force on the day of their announcement, i.e. March 1, 2023.
- The Organiser reserves the right to decide on disputes and matters not covered by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right to include more detailed information about the stages of the Project.
- In the case of not fulfilling the obligations by the Musician, the Organiser reserves the right to remove the Musician from the Project.
- These Terms and Conditions are available at the Organiser's office and on the website ilyo.filharmonia.szczecin.pl
- The Organiser is the administrator of the data.
- Personal data will be processed by the Organiser.
- Joining the Project and providing personal data in the registration form is equivalent to consent to the processing of personal data in connection with the realization of the Project by the Organiser or at the request of the Organiser, and consent to the publication of data in the Project materials. Providing personal data is voluntary, but failure to do so makes it impossible to participate in the Project.
- The Organiser has the right to entrust the personal data of the Musicians taking part in the Project to be processed by the entities cooperating on the Project in order to realize the Project, select the Participants of the Project and send emails with the information related to the Project.
- Personal data will be processed for the time necessary to carry out the Project and after the completion of the Project for the time necessary to fulfill the legal obligations of the Organiser and until the expiry of the period in which claims may be brought against the Organiser in connection with the organization of the Project. Personal data will be processed for the duration of the next editions of the Project in order to communicate with the Participants and inform about the next editions of the Project.
- Participants have the right to access their personal data, rectify it, delete or limit processing, object to processing, and transfer data. Statements in this regard should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com. The consent to the processing of personal data may be withdrawn at any time, but this does not affect the data processing law which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- The Project Participant agrees to the free-of-charge recording, multiple use, processing and duplication of photos taken, video materials with their image via any medium for promotional and archiving purposes of the Mieczysław Karłowicz Philharmonic in Szczecin without the need to approve them each time.
- Sending an application to the Project is equivalent with accepting the Terms and Conditions and consenting to the processing of personal data by the Mieczysław Karlowicz Philharmonic in Szczecin solely for the Project’s purposes in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act from Mary 10, 2018.
IV. Additional Information
- All the information about the Project can be obtained in the Organiser’s headquarters i.e. Mieczysław Karłowicz Philharmonic in Szczecin, 48 Małopolska Street, 70-515 Szczecin.
- The persons authorized to provide any necessary explanation regarding the Terms and Conditions on behalf of the Organiser are:
- The above Terms and Conditions are published on the Organiser’s website ilyo.filharmonia.szczecin.pl
I declare that I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the recruitment and participation in the "International Lutosławski Youth Orchestra in Szczecin 2023 – eleventh edition" Project and that I accept them.
I consent to the processing of my personal data for the purpose of the recruitment process and organization the International Lutosławski Youth Orchestra Project, organized by the Mieczysław Karłowicz Philharmonic in Szczecin. At the same time, I declare that I have read and understood my right to access my personal data and correct it, withdraw my consent to its processing at any time, and that the sharing of this data was voluntary.